Hey guys, this week’s recipe is going to be my absolute go to recipe when I am back home with my family and even here with my roommates. Its homemade mac n’ cheese! Who doesn’t love mac n’ cheese?!
- 1 box of any kind of pasta (preferred rigatoni)
- 2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese
- ½ cup of shredded Parmesan cheese
- 3 cups of milk
- ¼ of butter
- 2 ½ tablespoons of flour
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- ½ cup of breadcrumbs
- Cook macaroni according to the package directions. Drain.
- In a saucepan, melt butter or margarine over medium heat. Stir in enough flour to make a roux. Add milk to roux slowly, stirring constantly. Stir in cheeses, and cook over low heat until cheese is melted and the sauce is a little thick. Put macaroni in large casserole dish, and pour sauce over macaroni. Stir well.
- Melt butter or margarine in a skillet over medium heat. Add breadcrumbs and brown. Spread over the macaroni and cheese to cover.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 30 minutes. Serve and enjoy!
– Julia Rodriguez